Agnostic.com

4 10

LINK Christian Hate-Preacher Reiterates Desire to See Gay People Executed | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

This time people noticed and he experienced some backlash, which led to claims that people were lying, making stuff up and taking things out of context, followed by a statement that proves his critics correct.

snytiger6 9 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christians talk about how crazy and violent Muslims are but don’t realize that the Quran is less violent than the Old Testament and that the spirit of the violence in the Quran matches up ideologically with Old Testament bible. This is why I had to leave Christianity. It has no respect for people that don’t follow the Bible and think differently.

Glad you left Christianity however you apparently left for the wrong reason. The Old Testament is the Hebrew Torah. The New Testament is the Christian book.

Last, having read both, I don't agree with your assessment. The Koran calls for much more violence than the Old Testament,

@Alienbeing Christianity started with New Testament. That is true but most Christians still revere the Old Testament as well as consider it part of Christianity as well. Have heard many sermons from the Old Testament in a Christian Church.

As far as violence. Read this article because it make a great argument that Old Testament is more violent
[npr.org]

@abyers1970 I stand by my initial reply. Either way it is no big deal.

@Alienbeing That’s fair. Nowadays I do think Muslims are way more violent but my point is when you look at overall body count then Bible wins. You mentioned that I left for wrong reasons. I think that’s incorrect. I left because I realized that it was fake and made up.

@abyers1970 I know what your point was, and I did not, and do not agree that "the bible" (there are many) is more violent than the koran. To prove this we'd have to make a careful body count, which neither of us will do.

I'd rather see criminal liars, like preachers, face execution.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Diderot.

@anglophone Love it!
If volunteers are ever needed for that task, I'll be first in line!

He needs to goto prison for hate crimes.

Isn't that what Jesus would want!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606569
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.