Agnostic.com

4 1

Is there a secure alternative to fax machines ?

Japanese fax fans rally to defence of much-maligned machine

Ministers back down after hundreds of government offices insist banishing fax would be impossible

[theguardian.com]

FearlessFly 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I honestly didn't know anyone still used fax.

I don't know if faxes are ready to go, but I did ask our office to get us scanners that are small. you just plug into tablet or small laptop and run the page through it. About 2 months ago we got State funds for Adult Protective Service dept, not the rest of the money but still don't have go ahead go use it. Banning them, seems drastic, but giving other options. I did take picture and emailed it before.
I can also take a picture and text it to.someones email, but it doesn't encrypt it.

I don't know if faxes are ready to go, but I did ask our office to get us scanners that are small. you just plug into tablet or small laptop and run the page through it. About 2 months ago we got State funds for Adult Protective Service dept, not the rest of the money but still don't have go ahead go use it. Banning them, seems drastic, but giving other options. I did take picture and emailed it before.

What other techonology could let you remote copy creating a physical copy thousands of miles away for a penny or two and not subject to phishing and security breaches of your smart phone or computer ?

our office is set up.to encrypt emails with attachments. It is not difficult to retrieveit, just has link to set up one time pass code and it opens

@gigihein IF ONLY lots of folks would implement encrypted email . . . . 😛

@FearlessFly I wouldn't know how but work as SW for county Social Services and most info confidential.. I connect remotely to work computer.

@gigihein [medium.com]

@FearlessFly Thank you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:608470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.