Agnostic.com

9 4

LINK The Bible is useless

An opinion I agree with.

redbai 8 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Haven’t read it. Being raised Catholic, it was discouraged. Selected short excerpts were throw out at me on Sundays, but no one paid attention, so far as I could tell.

It can be a very useful work of reference, when you want evidence to prove to a Christian that their belief system is based on rubbish.

I'm always happy to find Bibles or any other kinds of religious documents at my job! 🙂 I work in a recycling sorting plant and I know that they will all be shredded and recycled into something useful. Now that's my kind of resurection!

I've heard that some families have one with birth and death dates in them and therefore it is treasured. Fortunately my family didn't have one of those so I don't have to keep one around.

ok. go with that if you like...
just don't be too surprised when that turns out to be bs ok

Smart young lady, she only makes one big mistake. Which is that she assumes that, useful, always has to mean useful to good well intended people. Some things can be very useful to bad, ill intended, people.

I think rubbing a bible on my yard grass to kill the fungus eating the grass would in fact be useless. Unless maybe, the chemicals used in making the paper and ink have antifungal properties that could be rubbed into the yard. Then in that means of using a bible might be useful. If it works and goes viral, I can just imagine everyone in town out in their front yard on their hands and knees rubbing a bible into their grass.

Word Level 8 July 10, 2021

I don't agree. In the late 70s part of our band including me, and a couple of friends were arrested and spent the night in jail. There was no toilet paper, but there was a Bible and that is what our roommates in the drunk tank were using.

You can always use the pages for kindling when you are trying to fire up your barbeque grill.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:608519
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.