Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Humble vs Ego

Revised version

OMGfreeyourself 4 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting stuff. I admit that I love being right, in general, but most of the time I have no interest in proving myself right to others, at least in the city I live in, because I am too well aware of how much I am outnumbered by people who are not as intelligent, educated, or experienced in being around a diversity of types of people as me. So I don't bother wasting my breath or energy on them. They are simple, small-town hicks, even tho it's a city of tens of thousands. And it's not worth the hassle of trying to change or confront them and have them gang up on me and retaliate by hassling me later.

My city used to be a small town of about 10K, until the late 20th century, when it began to attract lots of people from rural areas that wanted to live close enough to the good jobs in the Des Moines and West Des Moines area, but far enough away to not have to live around or send their kids to school with, POC. The vast majority of them are conservative Christians, racists, and Trumpers, and there's no changing them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.