Agnostic.com

1 2

[greekreporter.com]

Looking for Alexander the greats's tomb

Larimar 8 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember when they found the tomb of King Midas.
Yes the same guy from the mythology that turned everything he touched to gold.
Well he was based on a real guy that wasn't gold finger.
However he had an elaborate funeral and they buried the containers of leftovers from the funeral feast with him since even back then no one would volunteer to do the dishes.
So they analyzed the residue and recreated the funeral meal.
At the time (somewhere in the 90's) I was married to a Bulgarian, and that evening we were eating our dinner while watching the history channel on TV. We had homemade lentil soup, with chopped up onions, and sea salt, and garlic and olive oil, and I think diced carrots. Anyway it's one of the few vegetable dishes I really love. After transferring it to my bowl I'd break up a large amount of feta cheese in it.
So here's this report of this funeral feast from like three thousand years ago and they feasted on the very same food that we prepared for the evening, right down to the feta cheese.
I probably wouldn't remember the meal or the TV show had it not been for that amazing coincidence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610445
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.