Agnostic.com

9 23

White Privilege card found in belongings of men arrested in plot to bomb Democrat building.

Note: the White Privilege card number is "45" repeated in deference to Marmalade Mussolini, the 45th American president. These cards are available on Amazon.

Two Northern California men were charged in federal court with conspiring to attack the Democratic headquarters in Sacramento, the U.S. Department of Justice Northern District of California said on Thursday.

Ian Benjamin Rogers, 45, of Napa, and Jarrod Copeland, 37, of Vallejo, began plotting an attack on targets they associated with Democrats after the 2020 Presidential election and attempted to gain support from an anti-government militia group, the DOJ said.

Rogers has been in custody since his arrest on January 15. On that day, law enforcement officials searched his home and business and found a cache of weapons including 45 to 50 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, and five pipe bombs, officials said. Video from earlier this year shows the Bay Area business where police say Rogers was stashing guns and explosives.

Copeland was taken into custody on Wednesday.

They were both charged with conspiracy to destroy by fire or explosive a building used or in affecting interstate commerce. Rogers faces additional weapons violations, including one count of possession of unregistered destructive devices, and three counts of possession of machine guns. Copeland faces an additional count of destruction of records, the DOJ said, which included records of the pair's plans to attack.

Rogers and Copeland allegedly used multiple messaging apps to discuss the attacks, with one conversation last December involving Copeland telling Rogers he reached out to the anti-government militia for support in the movement, the DOJ said. In January of this year, Rogers allegedly messaged Copeland saying, "I want to blow up a democrat building bad."

Both men allegedly planned to use explosive devices in their attacks and hoped their actions would spark a movement to overthrow the government.

Rusty Hicks, the California Democratic Party chair, released a statement on the matter Thursday that read:

"Recent news reports of a plot to target the California Democratic Party Headquarters in Sacramento are extremely disturbing. We are relieved to know the plot was unsuccessful, the individuals believed to be responsible are in custody, and our staff and volunteers are safe and sound."

"Yet, it points to a broader issue of violent extremism that is far too common in today's political discourse. And, while we will continue to take every necessary precaution to keep everyone safe, we will not be distracted. We will not be deterred. We will not be dissuaded from the important work of protecting and preserving a democracy that works for every person who calls California home."

[cbsnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's scary to me is that these two of course were just plain STUPID...I mean ... Reaching out for support ... REALLY??? ... It is common knowledge that our Intelligence community eavesdrops on EVERYTHING that is transmitted. The Progams they use look for "Key Words or Phrases" ... it is the ones that KNOW this and DON'T USE the airwaves that worries me...they are the ones that will do the damage...these two idiots were just ROOKIES...the weapons stockpile WAS impressive though.

I hope they get 20 years. I really do. Please note that the card indicates their "white privilege" comes from Trump and he is "0045." In the movies James Bond is 007. This is not the same thing of course, but to go this far in plotting attacks and also have this card shows me that it is all fun and games to the plotters. It's time to show them and sentence them to 20 years.

Sicko people, I hope they get locked up for 20+ years.

Just criminals the lot of them

bobwjr Level 10 July 19, 2021

Christian nationalism is on the rise and a problem too, the January 6th insurrection for example.

ml58n2 Level 7 July 19, 2021

What plans are there for after they win? Are there any, or are they just going to stand there and say, "Dahaaaaaaa."

Amazing. And they thought that just doing that would start a revolution

Nothing but sickness!!!!!

People are nuts. Evil and very stupid.

So true

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.