Agnostic.com

6 7

Don't know what you call this but it's kinda wild.

hankster 9 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bromeliad. Yes, it is in the same family as Pineapple.

We have several types of bromeliads at my condo property - I see the leaves but not so much the blossoms, but the leaves shown look like what we have here.

The container adds so much! Well done!

Pineapple family I think

bobwjr Level 10 July 23, 2021

"Pineapples are of the Bromeliad family (genus: Ananas).... Many Bromeliads, like pineapples, are epiphytic — absorbing food and water through leaves rather than roots, and not needing soil for nutrition. Others are terrestrial, growing in soil and having more functional roots." [northcoastnews.com]

Your bromeliad is spectacular!
Yours is an Aechmea fasciata bromeliad
-- aka Urn Plant or Silver-Vase Plant.
[instructables.com]

thank you. spectacular!

It's a bromeliad, but I don't know the exact name. I think they're beautiful in a funky way, and the bloom lasts a really long time.

Lauren Level 8 July 23, 2021

bromeliad, soungs like medicine, it has been blooming at least a week so far.

@hankster I'm pretty sure mine bloomed for months, so good luck with your medicine plant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611316
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.