Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Astronomers Have Detected Light From Behind a Supermassive Black Hole. Einstein Was Right Again

Over a century ago, Albert Einstein predicted that the gravitational pull of black holes were so strong that they should bend light right around them.

barjoe 9 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Enjoy your scifi.

You seem to have a problem with Einstein. I always see you comment negatively whenever he's brought up.

@barjoe Let’s test that hypothesis. Was Einstein a mathematician or a scientist?

@yvilletom Both.

@barjoe Mathematics is logic. Physics is science. They differ.

Remember, both Washington and Lincoln warned against believing everything on the internet.

Einstein did not use the scientific method. He did not test the conclusions for which he is famous.

Math was my major subject; physics was one of my minor subjects. I took more of both In graduate school before I decided that ten years of poverty were enough. )

@yvilletom He didn't test his theories but others have. He has been shown to be right in a lot of his work, a century later.

@barjoe Did you see “Life of Brian”? I didn’t, but understand it was about the public’s resistance to someone’s being taken off a metaphorical throne.

If you want Einstein to remain on a metaphorical throne, do not watch the below short video. It ii the first of two short videos.

@barjoe The second of two videos.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.