Agnostic.com

2 1

Many people dying in hospitals think that Covid is a "hoax" and have a "cold." According to some health care professionals. How is this even possible? Hooked up to a Ventilator and dying thinking they have a cold?

Evangelicals are brainwashed into thinking it was all a "hoax" in the 14th century; they had more brains than many of the morons of today. Six hundred years ago, they made ships and animals wait for forty days before getting off the ship in the harbor due to the plague.

The word "quarantine" originates from quarantine, the Venetian language form, meaning forty days.

How did the Black Death End?
"The most popular theory of how the plague ended is through the implementation of quarantines. The uninfected would typically remain in their homes and only leave when it was necessary. In contrast, those who could afford to do so would leave the more densely populated areas and live in greater isolation."

Six hundred years ago, they had more brains than many people in our so-called civilized society. To all the Covid deniers who have refused to believe this is real, you have only made it last longer and continue to do so even now. It is your fault for not obeying the rules most of us have endured for the good of all who share this planet.

There will always be these kinds of people, and they are all over, just like the virus. They are every bit as dangerous as the plague. They never learn, even when dying from it. But, there is one place they end up, Hoax Cemetery, where the stupid go to live. After all, you can't die from a "Hoax," right? Or the common cold. Or a sinus condition, as I have heard it told.

It seems many do not learn from the past and get doomed by a "hoax."

Tourirst 7 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lot of people who spread the disinformation get money for doing it. Scaring people by whatever means garners clicks and advertising dollars. This is a clear case of yelling fire and demonstrates the need to regulate information in a way that it is not being regulated currently (which it is in a big way).

You may be basically right, but I would ask where you got the stat if any which proves the "many people" statement from. While I have heard anecdotally of an odd case or two of people dying in hospital, still claiming that the virus is a hoax, it was not many, and it was only anecdotal.

You are certainly right I am sure, because it is in the nature of the human condition, that whatever you can imagine, there will be someone out there doing it. But it is well I think if you are going to use statements like "many people" to have a good source of information and be able to cite it, if needed, otherwise you will give an easy handle to your opponents.

When you read it, hear it, get a text, and a non-stop drumbeat of the plague, I stand by my words. However, I appreciate your advice and will try to watch the semantics of my writing.

But for reference, I saw it on CNN yesterday. The nurse said she'd has been told by Covid catchers, they think it's a "cold. Many think it's a hoax, small communities and church-type nuts bar videos I get sent from my friends in Canada. Small communities in Alberta are like Texas in some regards. Or, as I like to refer to Alberta, Texas Two.

I did have an evil Troll on here that was horrible to me on EVERYTHING I wrote, and then I found out about the magic link! I Love that. I'm not trying to win the world over, and I don't want to get the wrong info out either. But I am fed up with the stupid in the world. And like everyone else with a properly functioning brain, it's hard on us. The brainless not so much. Unfortunately, people are delusional about this disease.

I wrote several years ago before the plague if "you're going to get hurt or perhaps sick, it will be stupid that will do you in." But, unfortunately, today's world is a perfect example of a world gone wild with stupid. And the religious right is insane. Insane.

If I want to write funny stuff, I can; it is 2nd nature to me. And much faster to write for me. But after 18 months of doing 100% the right thing, these people make me sick and are willing to die because they think it's a cold, a hoax and will give it to you if they have a mind too. This is not saying much as stupid is a plague too.

They think you can't catch a hoax. Or perhaps spit on you or cough in your direction. I would call my style of writing now, frustration writing. I may switch back to funny Ha-Ha and can bang that off in minutes than writing all this.

A guy got into a lift with me without a mask last year, and I jumped out before the door closed. And he did a pretend sneeze to mock me? You know, like, Achoo! Achoo! Was the sound he made as the door closed between us.

I had my mask on and bought 3M masks in December 2019 from Home Depot, along with Goggles and thousands of disposable gloves. The cashier said, are you crazy? My response was, "I hope so" It turns out I'm not. But in a world gone crazy-stupid with misinformation and words gone wild, I don't want to add more noise to the Cacophony.

I get inspiration from writing and have a great passion for it. But I do like to get the facts correct. But if you want, I make all my writings and sentences one big joke, as I write for a living. And get paid for my creative writing abilities to make people laugh, among other things.

I will not let commenters rip me up over my words ( not you, of course 🙂) and if they don't like it, they can use the "magic link," or I can?

Have a lovely weekend, and stay safe.

Here is just one search that came up with the word "cold" and USA Today came up.

"Then there are those who truly believe the virus is "no worse than a cold" or "another strain of the flu" unduly panicking "knee-jerk sheeple."

"The maddening commonality of this group: They base their beliefs on false information, social media rumours or the fact that they don't personally know anyone who has had COVID-19, so it can't be that bad."

@Tourirst Well done. Keep up the good work, and don't let anyone least of all old pedants like me get you down.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.