Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Lawmaker shot at Jonestown compares Trump to cult leader Jim Jones - YouTube

What a load of shit. Jim Jones followers did not attack a government and attempt to take over, that's another big difference between Jim Jones and Trump that overshadows the facile comparisons made here. There's a big difference between gathering for mass suicide and gather for a planned attack on the government, the comparison is insulting. I see no reason to try and draw similarities except to create a sympathetic scenario for traitors who attacked the capitol and what is the point of that? Another way besides joining a cult to feel needed, wanted and powerful is join a political party or a white racist organization with ties to powerful political figures. You know, like those who this video is trying to describe as victims.

The Republican Party is not a cult and they are just as much responsible for the actions of their party as Trump. The Republican Party is a political faction of the government in the United States of America that fully participated in attempting to overthrow the government by voting to invalidate the ballots. While there are nut cases that share ideologies, what is happening now are not the actions of a cult. They are the actions of people who planned for and attempted to take over the government of the United States of America. They are terrorists and traitors who attempted a coup not poor people who were taken advantage of by some "charismatic leader". Hitler was "charismatic" too, where the Nazis a cult with members who should be sympathized with because they got caught up in he rhetoric?

I'm so sick of the American media attempting to find some reason beside blind greed and power for a racist Republican party to be acting this way. It insulting to the concept of journalism and a disservice to their duties to the country to keep us informed. But apparently it is impolite to call white, powerful, racists and their minions that are acting like racist traitors because, wait let me guess, we don't know what's in their fucking hearts. Such stupidity is going to be the end of this country.

redbai 8 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While big-money interests keep the Republican Party afloat, the rank and file draw significantly from Evangelicals who have adopted the Q-cult mania. White Nationalists make up another contingent which again, avoids truthful sources and lives to espouse hatred and conspiracies. These people certainly display the behaviors one sees among cult members.

"....what is happening now are not the actions of a cult." Given the responses to mask-wearing and vaccination, describing these people as cult members seems apt.

I totally agree that the media white-washes Republican behaviors; most of the media ARE the big-money interests that support the Republicans.

Please name the cult that publicly planned and attempted a coup of a nation and attacked it's capitol with the help of the majority of one of the main political parties of that nation.

@redbai Qanon, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers among others

@racocn8 And somehow all these different cults found a common link that enabled them to all join together and attack the capitol. I wonder what that common link was? Also, when has that ever happened before were cults join together with other cults and agree to participate in a coup where none of them would have any upper hand in said government even if they won?

@redbai Roger Stone has a long history of organizing "Dirty Tricks". Eric Prince is brother to Betsy DeVos and the founder of mercenary Blackwater. Flynn has supported Q-Anon and has extensive combat experience. All of them have connections to Putin's agents who conveyed protocols developed by the GRU.

@racocn8 So are you saying that Roger Stone, Eric Prince and Flynn are all working for the Russians and that the GRU is the common thread behind all these groups attacking the capitol?

@redbai Let's just say the pieces fit snugly and I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Stone's connection to the white supremacists groups is well established, as is the connection between Flynn and Q-Anon. The connections to GRU agents is also established. Giuliani is also involved having close GRU connections and an avid advocate on their behalf.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.