Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Islam and Secularism in France

Agreement was slow to come, but in contemporary democratic countries there is now a general consensus on the desirability of a distinction, a separation between the political and the religious realms. For the state and for individuals in those countries, religious belief is a private matter separate from their political opinions or public status as citizens. The problem, however is that dissociation between the two realms is never complete. It is still undeniable that religious beliefs often have played and still play a role in the formation of individual and social consciousness and in the creation of an ethical consensus that affects action.

zblaze 7 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Quite so. Some individuals regard it not only as ethical but also their solemn duty to kill anybody and everybody who "insults" Allah, the Quran or the prophet Muhammad.

Not France but England where this is going on, the Muslims have taken over entire towns and work to force out families that have been there for generations because as they say, the natives no longer belong there. Unfortunately I have heard they are restorting to some nasty behavior to accomplish their ends.

Europe is horrible at assimilating new people to their countries, so they may want to focus on that rather than dump similar people in certain areas where discontent and resentment can fester.

Interesting, I'm covering sub-cultures in my studies t the moment. France made all religions effectly sub-cultures. As such radical Islam beomes a 'revolutionary' sub-culture. May say more later most importantly time for dinner

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61391
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.