Agnostic.com

1 6

There's a parable in Asimov's "Foundation": “A horse having a wolf as a powerful and dangerous enemy lived in constant fear of his life. Being driven to desperation, it occurred to him to seek a strong ally. Whereupon he approached a man, and offered an alliance, pointing out that the wolf was likewise an enemy of the man. The man accepted the partnership at once and offered to kill the wolf immediately, if his new partner would only co-operate by placing his greater speed at the man’s disposal. The horse was willing, and allowed the man to place bridle and saddle upon him. The man mounted, hunted down the wolf, and killed him. “The horse, joyful and relieved, thanked the man, and said: ‘Now that our enemy is dead, remove your bridle and saddle and restore my freedom.’ “Whereupon the man laughed loudly and replied, ‘Giddap, Dobbin!’ and applied the spurs with a will.”

Lorajay 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, are the American people the horse (or cash cow) with the ultra-wealthy as task-masters?

Similar to my interpretation but my interpretation follows.Fear is the wolf and politicians are the men pushing for collaboration to kill the wolf. As a lefty I feel the right wing nuts are the politicians most likely to make the horse keep the bridle on. The Uber Rich behind the politicians control the actions of these politicians. In other words we basically agree.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.