Agnostic.com

3 8

I volunteer at a local Habitat for Humanity ReStore (where I scored a great lamp today) and this conversation took place:
Him: Do you have a bathroom
Me: I'm sorry, it is closed due to the pandemic.
Him: Well the pandemic is over.
Me: Uh, Delta variant.
Him: Well, half of what is in the news is true, the other half is political.
Me: Ok, Qanon, thanks for being part of the control group for us.

You can't fix stupid, but it seems like the virus is doing a decent job of killing it off...

Sorcha 7 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good response

I work customer service in a financial institution. On Friday as caller was wrapping up he mentioned he was going to go buy some lumber, and I mentioned the price had really risen during the pandemic. He treated me to a lecture that the pandemic wasn't real.... And I rolled my eyes (thank goodness I'm not on camera) and wished him a good day. Oy, for being a national company I think only about 10% of my callers give me clues as to how ignorant they are. 10% or more give me clues as to how liberal they are. The rest just go by in a blur.

I've said it before. tho it can't be fixed, a good quality stupid, well maintained, will last a lifetime.

@Sorcha if they get the chance, perhaps.

@Sorcha when they get cut or shot at family reunions. it's part of the courting rituals i believe. willful ignorance comes in many forms, but usually it stems from unwillingness to put oneself another's shoes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614456
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.