Agnostic.com

4 0

This may interest you.

At the time of posting I have to state that I have not listened to this podcast called "the Young Love Trap". I am led to believe that it has been written & presented by women purportedly seeking gender equality.

[open.spotify.com]

Please share your thoughts on the material in the podcast.

FrayedBear 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just glad we are immune to the 'young' part.

I remember young love. I had just discovered it was over between me and my high school sweetheart and I was walking up and down a gravel road telling my friend all about it. I was upset and said "nobody had better ever hurt that girl." OK, who did I think was going to hurt her? Oh, young love!

Do you need a Spotify account and to login to hear the podcast?

I have a lot to say about love and don't want to pass up the opportunity. Most I will say is unpopular.

It opened in my browser duckduck & then I transferred it to Opera One Touch. Probably best to start with the 2 minute preview.
It is funded by a Women's Trust that I have not previously encountered. I was notified by a fairly strident militant women's group called destroy the joint or something similar.

@FrayedBear

Thanks, I will check out. But if this is a critic of the "young and stupid love", I will agree from the get-go.

We've been sold the la la land ideas of "happily ever after", women who are thin and smell nice, prince charming etc. These are idiotic ideas for grown ups. Almost all people do not even understand what love means. They confuse various emotions such as - wanting, liking, desiring, lust, enjoying company, loyalty, commitment, support, helpfulness, pda, making babies, gratitude, feeling nice around ... as love. No one - really no one has all or most or even half kinds of emotions in one relationship but that's the holy grail everybody is after. Take stock of yours. And the Capitalism does not stop propagating the idea to sell products to them.

The definition of love is not universal.... contrary to what people believe. Love means different things to different people around the world. There are societies where no gifts are ever exchanged, no "I love you" is ever said, no pda is ever done, no rings are ever worn.... They just keep doing things quietly all their lives with all imperfections in the person and life. The goal is create happiness, not expect it.

That is what societal brainwash is. Your dreams and aspirations are shaped by the society you live in. In Cuba, being a government official is most respectable, In America being rich is most desirable. If you are fit and feel good, they'll show you more thin people and call it healthy. Now you feel guilty. You have a good house but they start showing more specious, three car garage house with more amenities, so you start feeling incomplete. If this was not true, girls would not show around a big rock on their fingers to friends in one of the high divorce rate countries. Real love has nothing to do with it.

Men should be men and women be women with original and natural traits. The posing, acting, marketing and really being who you are not brings a lot of mess in life.

@St-Sinner Did it confirm your worst fears?

@FrayedBear

Yes sadly

@St-Sinner I had better listen!

The bathtub overflow principle sometimes applied to illegal immigration fits this problem. If you want to arrest a flood, cut-off the water source. Sopping up water from floors changes nothing.

The source of abuse is the concept of ownership and proprietorship upon which human societies have existed and conquested for over 6,000 years. With usurpation of the parity women naturally had in subsistence level, neolithic cultures to the level of property along with their children, the 'cycle of abuse' was born. Males are not equipped to protect human life and love from abuse because their own forced possession of it is the very cause of abuse.

It is too great a frame of reference for anyone who believes in a possible cure for abuse to grasp. As long as acquiescence to the principles and rituals supporting male dominance cause this flow, cleaning it up cannot happen. It only gets deeper and sicker.

You may be interested, if you haven't already found them, in the first posts in the podcasts -

[the-trap.simplecast.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614481
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.