Agnostic.com

4 8

"Holy goosebumps"? Facebook rolls out a bizarre, idiotic prayer tool.

Hilarious! This is ridiculous.

Facebook has rolled out a new prayer request feature, a tool embraced by some religious leaders as a cutting-edge way to engage the faithful online.

"Others are eyeing it warily as they weigh its usefulness against the privacy and security concerns they have with Facebook.

"Members can use it to rally prayer power for upcoming job interviews, illnesses and other personal challenges big and small. After they create a post, other users can tap an “I prayed” button, respond with a “like” or other reaction, leave a comment or send a direct message.

"Under its data policy, Facebook uses the information it gathers in a variety of ways, including to personalize advertisements."

Holy Goosebumps

"Deniece Flippen, a moderator for the group, turns off the alerts for her posts, knowing that when she checks back she will be greeted with a flood of support.

"Flippen said that unlike with in-person group prayer, she doesn’t feel the Holy Spirit or the physical manifestations she calls the “holy goosebumps." But the virtual experience is fulfilling nonetheless.

“It’s comforting to see that they’re always there for me and we’re always there for each other,” Flippen said."

[abcnews.go.com]prayer-tool-79351236

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because God absolutely grants requests based on how many people are praying for the same thing. That's why we have world peace, there's no hunger or poverty, and Trump is president.

I think may be bypassed by this plague. Unless: the dimwits start prey-ing for us and identify us individually.

Please, please, please Admin, give us back the puke emoji !!!!

Weird, I am sure it will be popular, can't wait to see how it bombs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.