Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Maskless woman’s tirade in N.J. bank not protected under free speech, judge rules - nj.com

Bank worker Sanaa Rami, of Budd Lake, alleges in court papers she was assaulted and suffered emotional distress on Nov. 27, 2020, when Lilach Kuhn, of Tenafly, entered the Citibank on Engle Street and screamed at her when asked to wear a mask. “You work for me! I do not work for you! I have been a customer since 1990. Were you born then? Shame on you!” At one point, Kuhn yelled: “I am a scientist! There is no corona[virus],” the suit states.
Kuhn’s attorney, Dana Wefer, of Englewood Cliffs, said in court papers that her client’s statements are protected under state and federal laws governing free speech and that no assault occurred. A judge disagreed with Wefer and refused to dismiss the lawsuit.
It didn't say whether the police were called. They should be. Trespass. They have every right to ask a disruptive customer to leave. When asked to leave any place, a refusal is criminal trespass.

barjoe 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So tiresome that people think (mistakenly) that "Freedom of Speech" means they can say anything anywhere without consequence.

Nobody has to put up with verbal abuse at their job. That is not "freedom of speech" If someone is being disruptive, they can be asked to leave the premises and if asked and refuse, they're trespassing. Even if the person asking someone to leave is 100% wrong, refusing to do so is a trespass.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.