Agnostic.com

9 18

Judge rules Dominion lawsuit against Trump allies can proceed.

Hooray!

Big Trouble for Big Lie Peddlers

A federal judge in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday rejected requests from former Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell that he dismiss lawsuits from Dominion Voting Systems against the three.

The ruling pertains to three defamation lawsuits Dominion filed — at $1.3 billion each — against the three defendants for allegedly claiming without evidence that the voting machine company rigged the 2020 presidential election for President Biden by manipulating votes.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols, a Trump appointee, swept aside the initial claims put forth by the defendants for why the suits should be tossed, from arguments that their alleged statements were legally protected opinions or were otherwise made without malicious intent to claims that the D.C. court lacked jurisdiction to hear the case.

The Wednesday order clears the way for the litigation to proceed. Separately, Dominion this week also sued a pair of far-right media companies and the former head of Overstock.com for defamation based on statements made about the 2020 election.

[thehill.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Make them PAY through the nose

Obliterate them

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2021

Yep, pillows will have DOMINION labels

I hope they make them bleed money for days.

Far out! Cannot wait to hear the verdict.

Now can we lock them up.

Hallelujah, praise the lord!!!! Thank you baby Jesus!!!!🙏😇🙏

Please let the proceedings continue. Dominion has every right to sue them for large sums of money. As I understand it one major complaint was that Dominion voting machines had actually turned the Trump votes into Biden votes. Yes, QAnon believes it but how in the hell could it be taken seriously? Reputation is a valuable thing and Dominion got much more than a black eye. In fact, if this is not followed up on nobody would trust Dominion, they would lose stock, and they would lose money. Your slander has no proof, Trumpers.

Powell's defense previously was certainly unique- that "no serious person could believe what she said", or something along those lines. I would look up the exact wording, but I'm sick of her.

@Diagoras I think what she's really saying is, "I hope this judge and jury are as gullible as the people who hired me."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615482
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.