Agnostic.com

8 7

This morning, I did a very brave thing. I live in Fort Myers, Florida, and I went out for brunch. I was the ONLY PERSON of about 40 customers in the European-American Bakery wearing a mask. I guess those people are DeSantis believers.

mischl 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Back when this whole pandemic mask/not mask started around my area - first week in March 2020 - it was the easiest thing to spot the trump supporters. They were the ones without a mask, then known trumpers realized they were standing out some would put one on. Once masks became mandatory I lost my edge and the only time I saw someone with out a mask I avoided them.
Now I rarely see people in the grocery store with a mask, I wear one. I have no interest in dining out. Way before COVID I was not a fan of dining out, I don't eat wheat/gluten products and I am allergic to shell fish. It's annoying because when I was not the age I am now aside from shell fish I could eat pretty much anything I wanted.

I would not have gone inside with a mob that, even if most were masked. Even fully vax'd, I ain't doing it!

There was a table in the corner not very close to anybody. That was the first time I've been there in 5 years. It wasn't all that great.

@mischl Nothing is worth proximity to unvaxxed, unmasked germ-infested "people" IMO!!!!!! Was the stuff gold-plated heavily enough so you could peel it off & pawn it? Not even then.......

@AnneWimsey Yeah, Anne. I guess I'm just a bit more risky than you are. But it was deliberate. I wanted a hot, crispy Belgian waffle. Carry-out just wouldn't do it.

Good for you.

Now I want a chocolate croissant! And one of those apricot pastries that I had in Paris would also be divine. Did you get your order to go?

MizJ Level 8 Aug 15, 2021

Nope. Got a table not too close to other people.

In Texas, It is against the governor's executive order to ask another to wear a mask.

On dating sites now Texas women want unvaccinated men. Vaccinated is not cool.

Here in Florida I wrote that I was vaxxed and am getting hate mail. Guess it's time to prove Darwin right.

@MizJ

Darwin couldn't do a thing to them, nor could all that science that said the Earth is not flat. Now they are pulling children out of school and homeschooling them.

Wait a second! If women are looking for unvaccinated men, maybe it's because they're looking for men who are more stupid than they are? Izzat it?

@mischl

At least as stupid. They think it is patriotic.

You ARE brave. I went out to breakfast this morning in a very small town in Wisconsin. I, too, was the only person wearing a mask.

It's how it is in MO as well, I only go to the grocers, however. I'm still the only one in a mask and I used the disinfectant wipes since they no longer clean the carts.

sounds about par.....let Darwin sort the fools out

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.