Agnostic.com

3 0

Who on here has heard of the White Rose Movement?

The White Rose Movement was a university student organization against Hitler in the early 1940s. They and their professor were executed for distributing pamphlets. Sophie Scholl (spelling) and about eight others were executed by guillotine- and I thought that that was a French contraption that was abandoned after their Rein of Terror.

Evil- and such courage! Looks like there is no one, of any courage, to confront any of today's bastards.

Diogenes 8 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Takes awhile for the courageous ones to wake up. There are some signs that people are stirring and coming to life. At least Roy Moore did not get elected Senator. The race was VERY close, though. But Moore, who is an Upfront Bigot and Proud of it, did not go to the U.S. Senate. In North Carolina, a bible belt state overwhelmed by the Religious Right, William Barber is organizing people and inspiring people in other states to do likewise - he revived Dr. King's Poor People's Campaign.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 26, 2017

Yes. It takes guts to stand against religious nonsense in a bible belt state.

I have heard of the White Rose Movement. I read about Sophie Scholl, one of the leaders of WR. I read that she got executed at age 21. I thought, there is a person with Moral Courage. She surely must have known she would get killed, but fought the Nazi movement the best that she could. I have done a few courageous deeds in my life but nothing compared to the bravery of Scholl.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 26, 2017

Yep.

I sure have heard of them. There day of death, 22.2.43 , has other significance to me. One of the group who survived became the chief doctor in the hospital my father frequented. They are inspirational, but the warning is also: if bad people are in power, it is good people that get executed for "high treason". i.e. starting with the sacking of Comey...

Yep- in the 'movie' (it was only a "movie" )- but I can imagine that the judge, in real life, carried on in the same way, railing about "high treason"- then the same characterless characters, only a few years later, probably blithered about how little they had to do with these executions.

Trump has done lots of sacking- but look what he has set up. Getting rid of him will do nothing- the tangled rat's nest will still be there.

And thanks for getting back to me and the info.. Religion is of no interest to me. If I am going to use time, it will be on something that I am interested in.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.