Agnostic.com

6 3

Clearly the Afghan people don’t want our societal model, and never did. Why would Islamics want to live like their christian western counterparts anyhow....🤔
This baseline of how the US is over there for security purposes has always been bullshit. The taliban are no where near the threat to Americans as our own home grown domestic terrorists are? And there are countries with authoritarian leadership all over the globe as bad or worse than the taliban, and you never hear a peep about any of them until it serves as financial or political gain for the so called “conservative” crowd......👀
Just how many decades are we supposed to finance this infusion of democratic capitalism into a country and people that don’t want it....🤔
Maybe, just maybe, the majority of Afghanis prefer an Islamic dictatorship to the American occupation and assimilation? And maybe, just maybe, it’s not any of our business to tell them otherwise...🤨

Aaron70 7 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our country is SOOOOO perfect In every way, no hunger,, no want, plenty of high paying jobs,, sturdy infrastructure,, great education & health care, sparkling clean air & water......why shouldn't we be telling others how to live?
I feel compelled to add: SARCASM

Something they must do themselves

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 15, 2021

The only even semi permanent fix will come from the Afghans themselves.

I think the situation is much more complex than your post suggests.

Of course it is, they always are. But after decades of helping to “build” a stable government and military, the Taliban took back over in a matter of weeks. For the Taliban to take back all the cities and the capital in that short of time span, either we did the worst fucking job ever of preparing them to confront the Taliban, or the Taliban met little to no resistance. I’m guessing the latter......🤔
Truth is, the war was started under false pretenses anyhow, and we had no business being there to begin with.
If anyone helped finance 911, it was the saudis themselves....

Radical Muslims like the Taliban are Savage animals.

I’m more concerned with the savage animals in my back yard that call themselves “christians”.....

Maybe just maybe it is corporate and financial interests that dictate US foreign policy and the subsequent military interventions. Send the children of poor Americans to fight in order to make bigger profits for rich Americans, it's always been like this.

Precisely, like always we have no business there....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616105
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.