Agnostic.com

1 4

US lab stands on threshold of key nuclear fusion goal

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I found this technology very promising about 20 years ago.
The glass bead now seems to be a good bit larger than it originally was.
Still after the initial explosion loading the next bead into place for the next explosion is troublesome.
It's good competition for tokamaks which are more of a continuous process but troubled by magnetic field containment.
I don't care which technology matures first just so long as we eventually get controllable fusion power.
We thought we were so much closer so many times in the past that I'm still in favor of investing in thorium MSR breader reactors, if for no other reason to feed our nuclear waste to it and to make more Uranium 233 for nuclear spacecraft like the Voyagers. The last time we needed some we had to buy it from Russia, since there's none available on Earth in nature, the half life is too short, but it's an astonishingly useful form of nuclear power where space and weight are at a premium.

Thorium would be a safe step for nuclear reactor.

Real informed oppinion thank you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.