Agnostic.com

7 8

I absolutely can't stand the holidays. It's frustrating. First you have everyone saying merry Christmas like they are blessing themselves. Then the god awful traffic because everyone's gotta spend thousands on shit no one needs. Everyone is extra nice for one month. It's so fake. No one cares about the homeless or needy unless it's the holidays and then if they do something for them, they gotta tell the whole world and receive praise. It's tragic. And it's all a lie. All of it. And it's not about "Jesus". It's a pagan holiday. Most of the holidays Christians celebrate are pagan! It's consumerism fueled by this twisted idea of religion that somehow makes everyone a friggin saint!
Sorry lol, rant over.
-The Grinch

AwkwardTurtle 4 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have those ignorant bell ringers standing in the intersections of a major state highway collecting change! Some day one of them will get run over!!!! Craaaaaazy.....

I want to be a bear and hibernate all winter is how I feel.

I’ll park in my garage, to hide the fact I’m home - and wait for it to blow over… Alone, long walks in decent weather ..and noting the lengthening daylight is what gets me through ~

Same here, including those mindless ear-damaging bell ringers… With time, I’ve removed myself from as many ‘seasonal activities’ as possible, which is sad, because acknowledging and experiencing the onset of Winter and the ‘shortest day’ have long been human curiosities. It’s just gone too far… And in the good ol’ USofA, it’s reached an unprecedented level of consumerism and lunacy.

Varn Level 8 Dec 2, 2017

just look at them and say "happy holidays" or "merry yule time"...generally either shuts them up, or makes them explode with furry about them being ignorant and not knowing that Christians abducted the holiday or that there are like 63 other religious celebrations going on during that time if i remember correctly....anyways its always fun to what them.

Ditto ????

Vico Level 5 Dec 2, 2017

I could not agree more.If they practiced what they, "preached" ALL of, "this" could be figured out in a decade. You and I need to start a holiday card company?

Robb Level 5 Dec 2, 2017

I tend to agree with what you said. I'm also no fan of Christmas music. However, I've been pleasantly surprised at getting Happy Holidays.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 1, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.