Agnostic.com

3 16

Oklahoma mom of 11 helps rescue 10 girls on Afghanistan's robotics team.

Allyson Reneau couldn't sleep Aug. 3 at her home in Oklahoma City.

Reneau, the of children who graduated from Harvard University in 20 with a masters degree in international relations and U.S. space policy, could only think of girls on the other side of the world.

Specifically, the Afghan Girls Robotic Team, a group of girls ages to 18 who have overcome hardship to pursue their love of engineering and robotics in Afghanistan.

On Aug. 9, Reneau decided to fly to Qatar herself.

"I decided that Monday I'm just going to fly to Qatar — like a leap of faith — and see what I can do," she said. "Sometimes action just opens doors, [but] I was going alone, and I'm thinking, 'Do I even know anyone in Qatar?'"

Before she got on the flight, Reneau made one last "Hail Mary" call.

"I remembered my former roommate in D.C. a couple of years ago was transferred to Qatar," Reneau said. "She said she worked in the U.S. Embassy in Qatar. ... She was sure her boss would approve helping the girls."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of my brothers is an officer in the Canadian Army and he went three times in Afghanistan. A total of two years. He went in Kabul and in Kandahar. He was involved in combat situations against the Talibans. He's disapointed about what happened recently over there. How everything collapsed so fast.

The link would not open for me, I can assume it's a great story. The whole afghan thing really bothers me. I know it's tribal lands and not really a country. I cannot understand why they didn't fight to keep free of the taliban. Why didn't they fight for their wives and daughters freedom.

We as a country can't free the world. We can't even free the woman in the us from our own Christian talisman. Or our anti vaxer and anti mask taliban.

Awesome story

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 19, 2021
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617010
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.