Agnostic.com

2 0

I'm beginning to think that companies and corporations have training in dealing with the public that many of us will not understand. There are standard lines of talk and jargon and they do not listen to us.

My example from today was that I needed to know the dates that my 2 HP printers first appeared on the market and I could not find that info Online. I called a computer place and got an IT tech who had the mfg. dates but he said "I don't know what you are trying to ask me." WTF is that about?

A couple of months ago I bought a new lawnmower at Lowe's and the salesman did not know the answer to something I asked and he said we both should look that up. Later I called back because I had looked it up. I was going to tell the salesman but he had left for the day. The newer salesman I was talking to said "if you don't like the lawnmower you can always bring it back.."

At Walmart a few days ago I bought a new ink cartridge for one of my computers. The clerk was not sure if I wanted to buy it or look at it, so he showed it to me and then locked it back up quickly. I told him I was so sorry that people are stealing from him so badly. He then asked if I really wanted to buy it and he sold it to me. No, I just wanted to look at it dumbass.

Yesterday at the same Walmart I wanted an ink cartridge for my second computer. I told the female clerk about the guy locking up the cartridge again from a few days ago and she said she was so sorry that happened. Then she did the very same thing! WTF?

I had other items and she thoughtfully said I could check out everything at her station. That was when I brought it to her attention that the milk had 2 prices and one was cheaper by 10 cents. It was the same milk. She seriously asked me if I really wanted to buy the milk or should she put it back. Hey, lady. I'm doing your frigging job for you by bringing this to your attention. It needs corrected. Why would I waste my precious time by going to another store to buy milk over a dime?

Does anyone else have problems like this? I'm beginning to think that a lot of people have serious problems and so do a lot of corporations.

DenoPenno 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your first mistake: You went to Walmart.

This happens everywhere I go. I run onto it daily.

It is pretty much simple lack of listening/hearing, Have you ever dealt with the public?
I run into it all the time everywhere I go but find that being calm & restating things if possible humorously in the form of a question gets me lots of help & smiles.

Men need testosterone replacement therapy more than women.

I work with the public 3 days a week and get these same old lame responses. It's enough to make you cry if it was not so funny.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.