Agnostic.com

4 11

Just wrote this as a reply to comment, but I think it's maybe worth a read so people can understand where we're coming from...

[In regards to the sentiment expressed by Healthcare workers that anti-vaxxers should be deprioritized for care, and the indignant response from said anti-vaxxers and their idiotic comparisons to other ailments.]
For my entire career I've always been the caregiver that would tell others I didn't want to know about what a patient had done (like the prisoners) or their ability to pay (because some would complain about being bossed around by the indigent) I just wanted to do my best to care for my patients from the moment I got them until they left my care. I have actually gotten in trouble for not catering to someone the hospital told me was a "VIP", and I did my best for the people that would never pay a single dime of their bill because that's what I signed up for, and I wasn't going to let some unrelated nonsense dictate how I prioritized my care.

But this, is different.

People don't really see how their own weight gain negatively impacts the system. Same with smoking or drinking or even drug use sometimes. And generally, I think others view them in the same light because we all have and need vices in this life to get by without walking into the ocean. But when something like this happens, and there's a free, low-time-investment action you can take to do your part, it's a big fuck you to the entire system and everyone else pitching in to fight a common enemy. They're actually teaming up with the enemy and fighting against mankind by helping to spread the virus, helping it to mutate, wasting resources, and placing so much unnecessary stress on the Healthcare system and its workers that it breaks or comes real damn close. I'm kinda confused why anyone is surprised we don't want to take care of someone who was just fighting against us... even though, unfortunately, we will.

ChestRockfield 8 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Diabetes made me drop 3 waist sizes. I would suggest to avoid the unfortunate aspect by not taking care of them. Do your shift and go home.

How do you suppose I can work my shift without doing my job? 😛

@JeffMurray Attend to as many as you can, on shift, but then go home. If you don't have time to get to the unvaxed then oh well.

@rainmanjr I wish it worked like that. I am 0% in control of the patients that come to me. Refusing care to someone I'm tasked with caring for would immediately result in the loss of my job and most likely result in the loss of my license. Which is why we hate anti-vaxxers that much more. They can refuse to care for others and we have to rescue them, if we refuse to care for them, we lose everything we have.

I fully understand, even though retired as a P.A. I volunteered to help my state with food banks, covid testing and first responder vaccination , we fight hard to help the community and those who are sick this voluntarily insanity is beyond comprehension

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 21, 2021

Bob . I need u to stop voluntering shit right now . Understand ? Capish ? No . Just no . I know u are vaccinated and all , but u are also older and this new variant is a bitch . Pls msg me . Right now Bob u ve done plenty in your community . Stay safe . Stay away from crowds .

@Pralina1 Already did my ex partner I'm looking after is on chemo

@bobwjr ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I am so sad that you have to go through this.

U cover me 100% here w this .
I have taken care of all last 23 yrs . And I am not including volunteering work in africa on late 80s, early 90s . Just here , USA . I ask all possible questions at ED and then some more . Bcz that’s what I do . If I don’t know , I can miss something and that’s when codes happen . I do not give a fuck if u do heroin , prostitution , homeless or wealthy . Means 0 to me . I treat everyone the same and I make sure u ll get what u need .
The only precautions I always take and is when intoxication and not enough security around .
I have broken ribs b4 thanks to drunk patient , we had guns on r face , everything , name it .
Still . Sick people act sick . Not here to judge . Smile and breathe .
This last 17 months thou , and this last wave of bullshit , unbelievable . Less than 3 months ago we were feeling happy , covid down , hope in the air big time .
And here we are again . Relocated to a MICU full of it again , and two ccu units full of it , and converted 2 cvt units to be COVID units again too . I am running around like a mad woman 5 and 6 nights a week again , and for f what ? Like u said , it’s “ a big fuck u “ at r face . All my COVID patients are unvaccinated . Last 3 weeks at least .
I am running out of empathy and manners , and if not for a great team of mine that love me enough to cover my mouth and look after my nerves , I will had be fired for sure . I had a hideous 38 yr old , sick like totally left lung collapse sick , on a bipap for now , one f step b4 intubation , telling me with her horrible breathing ,” they say I have COVID , I don’t believe it “.
I said , ma’am , I am “ they “. U do have covid , and u better believe it . ( I will like to add , bitch ! )
But I can’t .
And she adds : it’s all a hoax , do u know that people w vaccines if u put a magnet next to that arm , it sticks to it “? And I was like , fuck this . This is just crazy , I can’t 🙁

Antibacter suck! Some people say they don't care about anyone but themselves but that can't be true because they really don't care about themselves.

@Lorajay or their poor kids . Terrible . Just to vomit for 🙁🤢

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.