Agnostic.com

4 22

Good advice

glennlab 10 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My son is a musician

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 23, 2021

Being grown up is definitely over rated, but during these months opening up as the pandemic winds down (?!?) the musicians in my area are likely cleaning up on tips, because of so many music starved residents and visitors who enjoy finally being able to listen to live music in the night air with the stars above and a tropical breeze in the hair. I'm sure the tips will die down again, when the pandemic truly dies down, but for now, live entertainment is a hot commodity!

That.

My father was a professional jazz trumpet player from age 14- he lied about his age to get into the Musician's Union- until he died of cancer at 51.

Dad realized he could not support a family on a musician's salary. So he went to college, got a degree, and co-owned an insurance company with his father.

Playing jazz music was Dad's avocation. Being an insurance agent was his vocation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.