Agnostic.com

39 9

Men and makeup

Would you date a man who wore makeup to make himself look more attractive? Kind of like us women do.

SonderOpia 8 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some men look great in make-up - David Bowie, for example. Eyeliner suits many men!

Jnei Level 8 Apr 20, 2018

Absolutely! I still wear eyeliner. Why shouldn't men (or anyone, for that matter) use what's available to make themselves look AND feel better about themselves? I'm all for it.

One of my exes used to get "well excited" if I let her put makeup on me. So naturally lol. Only at home lol ..

She loved that though so why not. Some women actively tell me though, "I don't like long hair on a man and like a man to be a man". lololol !!!!

To which I reply, "under these clothes are three pomeranians and a very short person, not acutally a full sized man by human average".

@Donotbelieve Haha!! they are cute.. Don't tell my secret and you can chill with my furry brothers lol 😛

@Donotbelieve Awww they would be very happy I am sure! I will send you an imaginary Pomeranian by thought mail to be petted lol

Ah sweet youth! I once got a thrill putting mascara on my 1st boyfriend. Oh man did he rock it. grrrrr

@Qualia Haha!!! Grr is the best saying ever. It conveys perfectly!

@Nickbeee 🙂 Good times....

I love long hair on men. Most of my boyfriend's used to have hair longer than mine.

@SonderOpia 🙂 Some girls really do love it and the opposed camp tend to fall into Jealousy and jealousy lol !! so it's no thing haha .. It's just hair isn't it .. Luckily you can't see dental work from the outside only hair .. nah my mouth isn't that bad .. X-rays would be worse I am a spiders web lol. Thanks!

Why not? If they like it,great for them.

Why not? I enjoy makeup, why should I have a problem with my partner wearing makeup if he wants to?

Mea Level 7 Apr 20, 2018

I think I would. I was a teenager in the 1980s so I'm used to men in makeup.

Absolutely. I have about a million crushes on Kpop stars and they pretty much all wear makeup.
Korean men and boys have been using extensive face care products for a while and now makeup is becoming popular. I don't see it any differently than me wearing makeup when out on the town. (Which, granted, doesn't happen often.)
I have also dated goth guys and metal heads who wore varying degrees of eyeliner to corpse makeup. I like it all! XD
I kinda hope it catches on here in the states. Hell, guys used to get harassed for using hair gel.
I think they could have fun with it. So many guys I know feel too constrained by limited clothing and styling options socially accepted here in the states. Brown shoes or black shoes? Uhg

I'm with you. Well put.

Men shouldn't be afraid to embrace different methods of grooming.

I agree.

@SonderOpia Grooming ??! Making cliwn faces is what it is !

@VAL3941 Do I have a clown face? 🙂

@VAL3941 the purpose of cosmetics is to slightly exaggerate your natural features, without revealing you're wearing any by matching skin tone. If you have a clown face afterwards it's because you had a clown face beforehand. ?

I have. 🙂

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander... right? This guy garnered a gander or two.

That just looks awesome.

It's just make up..

No. Then again I don't wear makeup.

No, I wouldn't. 🙂

skado Level 9 Apr 20, 2018

Two words:Keith Richards

That's too funny!

@farmboy2017 tHIS IS FOR YOU;

Or Capt Jack Sparrow. ?

If it's acceptable for guys to dye their hair, beards or mustaches, then what's the big deal with makeup?
Alice Cooper has been wearing it since the 60's.

Kiss !!! Most performers and TV persons to behest in a small way!

I wouldn't date a man. Nothing personal guys.

LOL

Nail polish is great for long periods in the desert.

You learn something new every day 😉

I would absolutely date a man who wears makeup (and have in the past).
Willingness to go against societal norms and comfort with creative gender expression require a certain self awareness.
That's sexy.

totally concur !

Damn! if only we didn't live thousands of miles away 😀

You know I am not a make up person either way. I feel that make up has been used as a tool to define women so I am not sure I would put that burden on men too. To each his own but I become concerned when it becomes an expectation to define ones value or worth.

You can probably guess what farm boy is going to say about men wearing make up so I won't say it🙂

What farm boys say while on the farm is one thing but what they do behind closed doors is another thing.

@SonderOpia ...and then there's them rascally farm animals...?

@farmboy2017 LOL

@SonderOpia and the back 40

Sure I'd date him, why not? I'd be interested to know why he's feeling different enough to stand out like that. In fact I used to know a service provided who wore make up and he was lovely. I'm facinated by people that are differnet; as long as it's not in a scary way.

I'm all for self expression, don't usually wear makeup myself but when I do I have fun with it. Why shouldn't a man? Body paint, long hair, short hair, no hair, kilt, lap-lap, lava-lava, bowtie, whatever, just pick a style and own it. The only thing I find off putting is bland.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 20, 2018

Yeah I'm not into Bland myself.

Definitely no, although my nephew wears makeup on occasions. Apparently it is the in thing. Heaven help us. just a figure of speach guys !

No for you or for all men? Hopefully you're not speaking for all men.

@SonderOpia of course, only fof myself, but still heaven help us !

Men these days wear makeup, really? Haha, good grief, I think I heard it all now...

Believe me you've not heard it all.

A couple of years ago on a visit to Supercuts, the hair stylist talked me into getting my hair colored to cover up some of my gray. So I surrendered to a little vanity. That night, my head started itching and my face swelled up like a balloon. My vanity led me to the emergency room.

You can get a test strip done. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. A lot of women and men do. Please make sure if you're going to wear makeup or do your hair to do a 24-hour test strip first. If you don't you may find yourself swollen and in the ER.

@SonderOpia The stylist did do a test strip, but she waited only a few minutes, not 24 hours. My doctor said I should have gone blonde, because bleaching has less side effects than the dark coloring. Go figure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.