Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Rand Paul Says Scientists Won't Study Ivermectin As a Potential COVID Cure Because of Their 'Hatred for Trump'

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said researchers won't study the toxic livestock-deworming drug ivermectin as a potential COVID treatment because of their dislike for former President Donald Trump.

(The drug me mentions is currently responsible for the most calls to poison control phone lines)

snytiger6 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rand Paul: useless waste of oxygen. His neighbor should have wacked him a lot harder.

Ummmm,

1. Ivermectin kills mosquito-deposited larvae circulating in the blood, looking to infest the host's heart & grow, eventually killing the host. Ivermectin ONLY kills the circulating larvae, will not effect full-fledged heartworm, which requires meds strong enough to sometimes kill the weakened host.
  2. Covd, a virus that spreads through airborne transmission, replicates at a cellular level.
    Invermectin does not, never has, worked on a cellular level....nor does it help a host's defenses rally, tell me again how this works?

you are wonderful

Rand is a vile and disgusting snake oil salesman

Leetx Level 7 Aug 30, 2021

How do you explain the huge success in the trial that took place in one of the SA countries several months back? Well, I don't mean you personally, but I mean society at large that is staunchly anti-ivermectin despite some level of success with its use. The fact that ppl are calling poison control regarding it means the government is not giving ppl adequate information from the start. I don't know if its strictly Trump hatred that is causing the current gov to not handle this properly or if its something else, but its clear there is a lack of diligence on the part of the gov. His remarks "tinged with hatred for Trump" are by and large true and reflective of the general mentality of many who would oppose its further study.

I also wonder when the current trials began.

They ran trials back in spring of 2020, Google it. Totally Ineffective!

@AnneWimsey Then why was there such a high success rate in the South American country? Would you be able to link the study, or rather a summary of it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619321
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.