Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Jasmine Clifford, AKA AntiVaxMomma, Charged With Selling Fake Vaccine Cards

Jasmine Clifford, also known as @AntiVaxMomma on Instagram, has been charged with selling fake COVID-19 vaccination cards.

Clifford began advertising the counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination cards through her Instagram account, which is no longer active, in May, according to the Manhattan district attorney's office. The cards cost $200 and buyers used CashApp or Zelle to pay for them, prosecutors said. For another $250, Clifford allegedly worked with Nadayza Barkley, a 27-year-old medical clinic employee in Patchogue, New York, to fraudulently enter at least 10 people into the New York State Immunization Information System database.

snytiger6 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here in Hawaii, travelers into the state must submit a vaccination card or a negative test before flying here... yet we are catching travelers using fake cards, arresting them, fining them $2000, before sending them back home to their states.

There was a perk for not having to pre-flight test if travelers are vaccinated, but because of a mixture of the fake cards and the rising rate of breakthrough cases, we may have to start implementing a pre-flight test for all travelers again.

I for one am happy to see these criminals cited, fined and sent home. We don't want people visiting here who don't respect our desire to take all precautions to slow the spread of the virus which DID come in by plane, since we had near zero cases when we had our travel restrictions in place.

Now we will have a vaccine passport at the restaurants, etc., on just one of our islands, so I suspect we will see an increase in fake vaccine cards AND and increase in arrests of those forging/using a fake card.

3 people caught and sent home in the last 24 hours... Our news media posted photos of her card, she had spelled Moderna as Maderna, which was one clue. Haven't seen photos of the other 2 cards yet.

I reckon a fine of $5,000,000 and six months in the slammer would be about right for her.

@actofdog Of the seven caught in my state of Hawaii just in the past month, all have been Americans, and not our brightest, from what I gather.

One family (from the south) had fake vaccination cards for their preschool children, which aren't even eligible for the vaccine yet.

Officials here sense we are only catching the tip of the iceberg, but more ways to check the authenticity are being developed. It's so crazy to fake a card when the vaccine is free (in U.S.) so anyone can get an authentic one and not worry about being caught, fined, jailed, etc.

We are catching the stupid ones, but the fear is that so many more are in circulation by more "clever" folks who may get away with using fake cards to get out of testing and quarantining, but perhaps karma will get them in another way.

Maybe they'll really get clever and just do their part in combating the problem by taking shot and earning their own real card, for free!

It's shame that morons rather pay $200 for a fake card, because there afraid of a needle or some other bs.

Especially since the Covid-19 vaccinations don't cost anything in the U.S..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.