Agnostic.com

4 7

So, I am in Philadelphia visiting from Chicago. Yesterday we had massive rains with flooding and tornados. Luckily, not where I am located. Anyway, last nights cell phone warnings, one right after the other - 1) Tornado warning, go to the basement 2) Flood warning, seek higher ground.

Beowulfsfriend 9 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Center City is a mess, I saw some of the videos of the Schuykill River flooding. The headwaters of the Schuykill River are at Pottstown, very near to where my mom's family is from and where I spent a couple of weeks every summer with my my Aunt Ida.
Hope you enjoy your visit.

Good to find some humor in the situation, even though it's a dire situation for so many. Glad you are safe!

People did drown in their basement apartments in NYC. [newsweek.com]

I know. Close to 50 deaths so far. Worse up here than the South.

@Beowulfsfriend This was not predicted. Louisiana and areas in the Gulf had mass evacuations. It's also a very high population area so the death count will be higher.

I guess you could average them and stay in a ground floor closet with some scuba gear

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620034
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.