Agnostic.com

3 1

What does the bible say about "rights"?

Hello to all. This is a question about the bible, god and religious peoples statement of "It is my god given right ...." I have read the first few books of the bible. It seems to me that there are no rights only comandments to be an obediant and subserviant member of the flock. Am I wrong?
One exampIe, once heard a woman say, during an election year, that it was her god given right to vote. I said women have only been able to vote since 1920.

Danny928 6 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The bible gives you no rights. Only organizations, clubs, and government give you rights, then sometimes they take them away.

THe bible says specifically that women only have the "Duty" to remain silent and obey their husbands, and men have he duty to fear and obey god.
No rights as such at all.

Christian belief this modern government is an extension from biblical times. The old testiment laws were the laws for the nation of Israel over 2000 years ago. If you are trying to debate old laws, it is no good of a debate. It is out of Jurisdiction.

For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.” 1 Peter 2:13-14 says: “Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors

Word Level 8 Sep 3, 2021
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.