Agnostic.com

4 10

The Texas Republican anti-abortion laws are to control women.

The Texas Republican anti-abortion laws are horrific. It is to control women, plain and simple. In my 20s, I wore a National Abortion Rights button:

Keep Your Rosaries
Off My Ovaries

Now my car has a bumper sticker:

Keep Your Theology
Off My Biology

Republican white men are terrified of becoming a minority. The white birth rate has been dropping for decades. Good for population control. It's expensive to raise a child.

Vote Republicans out of office!

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yup, the whites of this country, well some of em, are terrified that the brown and black people are a breedin and gonna take over this country soon. I say "bring it on" since the old white have screwed it up badly.

As much as I would love for the new cheerleading outfits to be real, they’re not.

Did Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Get New ‘Handmaid’ Uniforms?
[snopes.com]

@Apunzelle

It's withering sarcasm aimed at Texas Republicans.

Not to be taken literally.

Women have rights over the use of there bodies. They don't care if this planet is over populated or not. The fools will be dead when all there bs comes to pass.

I agree, Republican men are terrified of becoming and being treated the way they are treating minorities and women. When I first read "The Handmaid's Tale" it freaked me out. My calming device was to remind myself that I was one of "the frozen chosen," and it couldn't really happen anyway. Just fiction, I told myself. OMG...... Now I'm no longer among the chosen, the blinders have been removed from my eyes. I am of the belief now that Republicans are just plain evil beasts. Yes, It is damned expensive to raise a child, and women with privilege have access to abortion and birth control. Their babies won't be turned into cannon fodder. Women of color and poor women are needed to breed those future boots on the ground no matter what it costs to bring them up. I don't see this ending well.

My beliefs exactly. And women who are busy working while raising kids, while pregnant with yet another child, are too tired to protest and fight back.

What's going on here (in Texas) was their next logical choice after making access to birth control difficult. I'm very afraid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.