Agnostic.com

9 7

Get up early, no sleeping in….

Jolanta 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ill tell u what!

waking up early is the key to success

if u have it in u, its also the key to burn fat and shed pounds

ur digestive system wants to start working early too i might add

I'm retired so no

The hours of the day are just random labels applied to time periods, they have no biological meaning, and your internal clock is perfectly adjustable. What I suspect that the study, if valid, really found was that there is an effect on health caused by the lifestyle choices that typically go with late rising, such as taking little exercise and excessive drinking.

Yes. I have to do something. I have to lose some weight, thought of cutting off a leg, but then I would walk in circles.

What if you're already a morning person. When working Bed at 10 with some reading and up at five to get ready to catch the bus (we had flex time and preferred to go in early and leave early). Upon retiring I thought I could finally sleep in late. To bed at nine (with reading) and up at five (sometimes I get lazy and make it 5:30). For most people our internal clock is set. Besides, the item is for overweight people.

Then you have nothing to worry about. You would be surprised how many think that they are not overweight.

@Jolanta lol, most probably think others are underweight especially Jewish mothers. I don't need to think as I have a normal BMI to prove it.

I have more energy when I wake up naturally after a good night's sleep. I need to be alert at sunset (wedding time) so I tend to stay up later than most, and sleep in until my body says it's time to spend all that energy! That's what works for me at this time in my life anyway. I know folks who wake up at 4:30am - but what's there to do at that time of morning? Happy to sleep in. 🙂

I get to sleep in and die of a heart attack? Fuck yeah!

I'm up at 5:30 and walking the dog for two miles. It's my favorite time of the day.

I'm sure the dog loves it, too!

@Organist1 She does...her little nose to the ground, tracing the coyotes who spend time in the park at night...it's something to see.

That seems right. Since I've been getting up early and exercising, I feel better, and have managed to lose weight, too.

Good for you!

Exercising is one of the best anti-depressants there is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.