Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Portland City Council to vote on banning Texas commerce, travel in protest of abortion ban - oregonlive.com

The Portland City Council will vote Wednesday on an emergency resolution that would ban buying goods and services from Texas, in response to a new Texas law restricting access to abortions.

The ban, which would also halt city employee travel to the state, would be in effect until Texas either withdraws the legislation or the law gets overturned in court, Mayor Ted Wheeler’s office said in a statement Friday.

snytiger6 9 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If only choice rights were the only thing Texas is screwing up! They are clamping down on voting rights as well. And turning the justice system into a vigilante driven system, which is never a good thing.

Not to mention that Texas is also the most polluted state.

Good for them. All of who voted for that bill should be thrown out of office.

It's not just the city of Portland. Many corporations are movign there conventions out of Texas, or mot opening new offices there.

Personally, I am totally in favor of there beign economic consequences to their crazy abortion restrictions, which makes virtually any anti-abortion zealot into a vigilante.

@snytiger6 rewarding people for being Assholes! Of course that’s how most of their elected officials, federal and state, got into office to start with.

I already do as much as possible. I wouldn’t spend a dime if I knew it would benefit Texas in any way.

Me neither. I won't even do any layovers in Texas when making travel plans.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620757
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.