Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Yul Brynner Post Mortem 1985 Cancer TV Commercial Anti-Smoking

If this plea shown posthumously of a dying star of screen and stage made no difference to smokers, there's no way to convince people to get the vaccine. Sadly we'll prolly have to just thin the herd.

barjoe 9 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My oldest sister will be 68 years old in October and is soon to be placed in a nursing home, as soon as she is released from the hospital. She's smoked since she was a teenager, and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few years ago. 2 years ago she had back surgery and she had to quit smoking for 8 weeks before the surgery. She started smoking again after, and now here she is. Smokers are fucking hard headed.

I was one of them. I quit for 10 years and started again. I have quit for about 5 years now.

@barjoe my aunt was a lifelong smoker until she had a stroke. Never smoked again after that.

I remember that. It seems like it was only a few weeks between the time his cancer was announced and his death.
Some lung cancers are quick.

That commercial had a profound effect on me, as I smoked at the time. After many attempts, I was able to give it up 21 years ago, and always remembered that commercial by Yul Brynner, my mother's favorite actor. However, anti-vaxxers are purely evil, and good riddance to them, if only they weren't infecting others.

I don't feel sad about it in any way.....bu-bye, idiots!

Yep, and that is why mandates are being put in place.

I recently had an exchange on the vaccine subject with a person who seemed normal and logical until he started talking about why he was not vaccinated. On the subject of vaccination, there was no chance of reasoning with him.

Oh silly me, and I thought this was about smoking cigarettes.

@dumasarok It's about the parallel between stupid people who smoke in spite of evidence and stupid people who refuse the vaccine even though evidence is so obvious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.