Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Wells Fargo hit with new $250 mln fine for failure to pay back wronged customers | Reuters

(I personally don't trust big banks, and do my banking with a local credit union)

/Jeenah Moon/File Photo

WASHINGTON, Sept 9 (Reuters) - A top U.S. banking regulator fined Wells Fargo (WFC.N) $250 million and placed new restrictions on the bank's business after finding shortcomings in its earlier efforts to pay back customers it had previously harmed.

snytiger6 9 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While there is no shortage of crooked banks, Wells Fargo always leads the way.

Yes, they do. Before my father passed away, he put my sister on his account, so she'd have access to money to he saved for his funeral when he died. Wells Fargo claimed they had no record of her beign on the account even though she actually had gone to the bank with my dad to put her signature on record. They made her jump through all kinds of hoops. Luckily the funeral home was willing to wait for payment, because ti took at least six weeks to get them to let go of my dad's money.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.