Agnostic.com

7 6

"Food for Thought"

Argan oil, used in food and for cosmetics, comes from a plant that is native to Morocco.

"A tradition in Morocco allows goats to climb argan trees to feed freely on the fruits. The kernels are then later retrieved from the goat droppings, considerably reducing the labour involved in extraction of the nuts."

Still want to smear it over your face?

Petter 9 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Presumably the nuts are cleaned before the oil is extracted?

There again I was walked into a pile of poo which soaked my trousers to the knees & filled my boots. It was hours before I could remove the clothing & have a bath. I do not recall it making me ill.

Your skin is an excellent barrier. But there are, of necessity, orifices in it. However, no orifice is more than a few inches below your crotch.

@Petter argan up those orifices?. Well I guess if you've run out of KY Jelly any lube in a necessity!

Never.

Pass

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 13, 2021

Uh-oh...I use it to tame my frizzy hair. It doesn't smell like goat poop.

That goats climb trees reads like a myth, but they are our distant cousins.

Goats are remarkably agile.

Here you are!

@Petter I once had a simplified version of Photoshop but had no reason to learn how to use it.

@Petter Have you personally witnessed them grazing Petter?

@FrayedBear No, but this photo was taken by a friend of mine, here in Mojacar, when she went to Morocco two years ago.

@FrayedBear, @yvilletom I have never used Photoshop, because I have the original photo editing software (first marketed in the latter 1980s) that Photoshop emulated. I used it for my publishing business.

I don't use anything argan thankfully. Many see argan on the label and go crazy🤔😅

I've never wanted to smear it on my face because I don't believe in miracle rejuvenation products. I have a girlfriend that uses it all the time and I keep forgetting to tell her about the source. Thank you for reminding me.

My pleasure.
Miracles are always unbelievable without invoking mythical causes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.