Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK The Delta Variant Is Causing Concern Over Long COVID, Even For The Vaccinated : Shots - Health News : NPR

Like millions of others, Kathleen Hipps thought she was safe from COVID-19 after she got two shots of the Moderna vaccine last spring. So she figured she just had a summer cold when she got the sniffles in July. But then she opened some Vick's VapoRub.

"Anyone who's ever smelled Vick's VapoRub knows how pungent of a smell it is. And I couldn't smell it. And that's how I knew I had COVID," says Hipps, 40, a Los Angeles lawyer who has two young sons.

And sure enough, Hipps tested positive. "I got very sick. I was very tired, very congested — could barely get out of bed. I couldn't work at all. I had to find colleagues to cover my work for me. And I just spent the next week basically in bed, completely isolated from my family," she says.

snytiger6 9 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a young girlfriend who got covid last December. She started her vaccination in January and received her two doses of Pfizer. 12 days ago she got covid again. Except for one day she was asymptomatic. More than likely she got the Delta variant and I'm lucky I didn't get it from her since she did not know it during the first three days. We're pretty sure she got it from the host family she stayed with when she did the hotter than hell hundred Mile ride in Wichita Falls. What's really sad is the host family did not tell everyone that stayed with them about testing positive for covid. Fortunately the person they told it did tell everybody else.

I'm hoping they will soon be adding something for the Delta variant to the booster shot which I will need in October.

It has been reported on the news that 98-99% of all covid infections in the U.S. are now caused by the Delta variant.

Did she end up in the hospital? Did she die? Well there you go. Nothing in this world is 100% except change and at some point death. She did okay.

I worry a lot about this, too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.