Agnostic.com

10 14

I must find more about Osho.

Osho's philosophy

"Never belong to a crowd; Never belong to a nation; Never belong to a religion; Never belong to a race."

90 Osho quotes that will challenge how you view your life

[ideapod.com]
[realization.org]

Ryo1 8 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If anyone of that kind is worth reading up on, it's Osho. He clearly wasn't fully on top of things as his cult of followers went off the rails and he failed to fix that, but a vast amount of his philosophy was spot on. I read an account of his childhood which in which he portrays himself as a dazzlingly bright little boy who could see straight through all the religious idiocy around him, and while I'm pretty sure it's exaggerated substantially in places (like his meeting with Gandhi at a railway station which likely never took place), the message he was getting across was still a good one. For all his faults, he was genuinely brilliant.

He is a very naughty boy!

He was a cult leader. Despite that he had some interesting ideas.

Your truncation of the platitude has robbed it of it's jejune punchline.

There's a great documentary film on that dude's cult:

Watch it, and you won't take him seriously any more.

BD66 Level 8 Sep 13, 2021

Thanks for this. I have a habit of checking the other side of the coin. 🙂

I'm watching Part 1 right now. 30 min. in.

About half of a shelf of my library is occupied by Osho's books. I've mentioned him and used some of his quotes in two of mine.

Osho was a cult leader, I suggest you put your need to believe in something to a higher standard or better yet, use logic instead of any fly by night quote. But, if you want so hard to believe in anything, try this quote: I would never belong to any place that would accept me as member. Groucho Marx.

You might be a bit off-base here, Carlos. Osho encouraged people to NOT believe in anything, especially if it smelled like religion. Yes, many of his following evolved into a cult-like group, which he despised.

@mischl Nothing in my post is off base, he was a cult leader, yes or no? He might have despised it or not, but he benefited from it going angry as hell to the bank. The way he fed into his cult followers was to say don't believe in me or in anything, big fucking whoop, knowing idiots will exactly do that. And, why is this need to believe in something affect the mind of those who say I do not believe? Either you do or you don't. It's that simple.

@Mofo, @mischl Thanks both. It's always good to look at things from different angles.

nice thoughts, if he could live them, he would have not been in so much legal problems!

mzee Level 7 Sep 13, 2021

Tru dat.

This though: “Find ecstasy within yourself. It is not out there. It is in your innermost flowering. The one you are looking for is you.”

This is my brother from another mother?!!🤔

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622237
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.