Agnostic.com

4 5

Google and Apple shut down distribution of Russian app from the opposition party. Of course the Russian election isn't fair; of course both are private companies; of course google feared the arrest of their people, still, one needs to wonder what will be coming to other countries, especially countries with at least some form of democracy.

[vox.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which country has true democracy?

Gutless wonder there

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 18, 2021

I have no control over our system so I'll cease my mental outreach at it. Best of luck to the others, though.

Mind boggling - Voter suppression on steroids. How a government can have so much power over the will of the people is crazy. How deflating for citizens to want to vote for their chosen candidate only to have the app vanish before their eyes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623017
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.