Agnostic.com

3 6

As a desert resident, I wonder how long before this is available, and the cost.
"Scientists created the world's whitest paint. It could eliminate the need for air conditioning."
[news.yahoo.com]

KateOahu 8 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not directly related, but just this(Sunday, 9/19/21) morning on the Phoenix TV news I saw a piece where someone was testing sunlight reflective pavement coating.

Apparently they've been trying it the last month and it reduced the pavement temperature by 5 degrees. It's just a bandaid of course but hopefully people are starting to know that we really do have a serious problem and it needs to be addressed.

Also, using it and creatively aiming any reflection toward solar panels as well.

I think that a mirror would still be more effecting for that, since white pigment scatters the light randomly, where a mirror keeps the lines of the solar rays intact and directs them to a given point.

Im wondering how long it will be before we realize that living underground may be the most cost effective solution to escaping the heat weve created

We probably won't survive that long.

And liberating space above ground for nature.

@MsKathleen MANY WILL NOT

@fernapple nature as we know it will drastically change... If it survives at all... In my work ive seen coral reefs shrink from heat related disease and the ocean currents changing ...... The next fifty years isnt going to be pretty

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623230
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.