Agnostic.com

3 9

A 42-year-old New Zealand woman has opened a new brothel - one that's run as an ethical enterprise.

The author-turned-unlikely madam is a firm believer women should have complete control over their bodies, and wants to see the industry operate in a more empowered way.

[dailymail.co.uk]

mischl 8 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You'll be able to check it out. I think they've reopened with mandatory 2 week quarantine.

The world should be so enlightened.

We're still a long way from coming out of the dark ages.

Was this recent? I thought I read about something similar a while back. I was in NZ about a decade ago, prostitution has been legal there for some time.

MizJ Level 8 Sep 20, 2021

The article is from 2017, so your memory is correct. A brief search didn't find any info on how well that went for her.

@Lauren All looking to migrate? I believe that the border has reopened. I think @Zealandia is currently back there doing his 2 weeks mandatory quarantine.

@FrayedBear Don’t know anything about this story.

Yep, can confirm that I’m back in NZ and am in my fourth day of Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine or MIQ in a hotel room in central Auckland. Border still closed, very difficult for even NZ citizens to access a slot in MIQ. I booked ages ago in May for arrival in September. At that time, there was lots of availability, but not now.

NZ will probably synchronise with Oz in reopening the borders, to tie in with the logistics of trans Tasman travel. Think that a policy will be announced for a partial reopening, probably in ‘22 now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.