Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK New Religions of the 21st Century | Yuval Harari | Talks at Google - YouTube

They have no answers because they don't even understand the questions.

rainmanjr 8 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Liberalism:
1: a political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual, parliamentary systems of government, nonviolent modification of political, social, or economic institutions to assure unrestricted development in all spheres of human endeavor, and governmental guarantees of individual rights and civil liberties.

2: a movement in modern Protestantism that emphasizes freedom from tradition and authority, the adjustment of religious beliefs to scientific conceptions, and the development of spiritual capacities.

Religion does start as philosophy but diverges when it becomes a political force. At that point it takes on a Dictatorial and cruel nature but it's hard to wax philosophical without getting into religion at all. Especially when the subject of the talk is religions of the 21st Century. This wasn't Yuval's best talk but I thought its subject good for a post here. I truly think Zen Taoism is poised for a comeback but more and more I like my Neural Network addition to it. An eternal parasite, which supplies consciousness as a benefit to the host, really does answer more individualistic and motivational questions.

He is confused. But that should not surprise us. He has focused his life on religion, after all.
In addition to dubious definitions of liberalism, more basically he confuses philosophy for religion.

He confuses liberalism with individualism and neo-liberalism which has little in common with philosophical liberalism.

They have a few interdevelopmental similarities.

Philosophy of Individualism. Yuval isn't a proponent of neo-anything.
the doctrine that only individual things are real.
the doctrine or belief that all actions are determined by, or at least take place for, the benefit of the individual, not of society as a whole.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623878
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.