Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Can The Volcano In La Palma Produce A Tsunami On The East Coast Of United States? - AS.com

This was from a few days ago. I certainly hope it's far fetched.

barjoe 9 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think people are "barking up the wrong tree".
The real danger island is Teneriffe. If that split and fell into the sea it would generate a truly dramatic tidal wave, that would cross the Atlantic ocean to New York.
This is not far-fetched. The volcanos that formed Teneriffe are extremely high, unstable and have "history"!

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

You're talking cataclysmic that we haven't seen since Krakatoa 1883. Even that didn't have tsunamis reaching to the Atlantic. It's not going to happen! Is it?

@barjoe It has happened several times in the past, and the US is in the front line for the worst effects. But then you are sitting on top of Yellow Stone, which is basically just a big bomb with an unstable fuse. Accept it, if you live in the US, you are going to go extinct sooner or later.

It lately seems that the US east coast is getting so much shit, I don’t know why it shouldn’t also get a tsunami.

Nah. I don't think so. Almost impossible. Besides the whole country is getting shit. I don't count anything below DC as the East Coast. It's the South. That's completely different.

@barjoe The whole country getting shit? Not the SF Bay Area, and from here I count what’s south of DC as part of the East Coast. A bit west of the East Coast is Hurricane Lane.

@yvilletom Wait until the next earthquake or wildfire.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624430
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.