Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Chicago encourages Texans to leave state | TheHill

The city of Chicago has taken out full-page ads in The Dallas Morning News to encourage Texans unhappy with the state’s new abortion law and other issues to leave the state.

The ads tout Chicago’s tech and business sector as well as the city’s more liberal politics, pointing to voting rights, abortion and an emphasis on science as a means to combat COVID-19.

snytiger6 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go for it. This state needs a population boost . Illinois has lost 4 to 6 votes over the last decade. Not to mention we respect women and there right to choose.

If it weren't for the music scene here l could move, but l don't know to where. Good music scenes, especially for original music are rare. I can't do long winters anymore and the South sucks everywhere, so here l will stay for now.

Come back to Oklahoma. We have the same politics but there's less politicians because we're a smaller state. That means you have less people to be disgusted with,which is healthier for your psyche.

@Lorajay For Michael and me the music is the thing and Texas works well for us. The politics is changing here. Every city except Ft Worth went blue in 2020 and Abhors numbers are really bad. Be to is running for Gov next year. We will see. Thanks for the invite. 😊

Rockford, Il has a music festival called "On The Waterfront" over Labor Day Weekends every year. Or at least they did before the pandemic. I used to fly out for it a while back.

From what I understand, there is quite a lot of music in Illinois.

@snytiger6 We played in Rockford years ago. I think the name of the place was Charlotte's Web. It was a converted small church. They really liked us and we had a great time.

@Sticks48 You would never leave your brother behind, music or not.

@MsKathleen True.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.