Agnostic.com

5 5

"Man. Woman. Person. Camera. TV."

UrsiMajor 8 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fantasy fiction

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 26, 2021

The Bible is a collection of 66 books. The Old Testament is one book and the New Testament is another book. 1+1=2. I know it may sound a little confusing but stay with me now. The 66 books are split up. There are more in the Old Testament than in the New Testament. The ones in the Old Testament are written in another language than the ones in the New Testament. The books in the Old Testament are written in Hebrew and Aramaic and I know I said that the books in the New Testament are in a different language than the ones in the Old Testament but

I forgot to tell you that the ones in the Old Testament are in two different languages not just one. Sorry if this is confusing. The New Testament is written in Greek. The only problem is that we don’t think Jesus spoke Greek. He and all of his twelve disciples (people who followed him) all spoke Hebrew (or was it Aramaic? not sure). So the New Testament was translated into another language after it was written. We don’t have any of the originals (unless people are lying to us about eye witness accounts and these ARE the originals).

We also don’t know who any of the authors of any of these books are. Some of these books are attributed to certain people like Moses, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John but scholars have debunked many of those claims. For example, Genesis is the first book of the Bible and it is usually attributed to Moses, but scholars have debunked that claim. Moses MAY have written some portions of Genesis but we know he didn’t write the whole thing because you cannot write about your own death (there is an account of the death of Moses). On the other hand, some of the events in the book of Genesis were only witnessed by one person... Moses. So therefore this book is either: a. a work of fiction b. written by multiple authors.

Lastly, the Bible is translated into English so when you pick up a Bible in English it is not the exact version that was the original. Next week we will discuss who picked out the 66 books and how the Bible is the perfect word of god with no mistakes in it. LMfAO

You succeeded. LOFL

1:1 In the beginning Dog puked, thereby creating the Earth.
1:2 The Dog barked, thereby scaring the living shit out of all the creatures that walked upon the Earth.
1:3 And Dog pissed upon the Earth, thereby creating the Seas.

The Dog shat upon the Earth, creating the Mountains.
And barfed upon the Earth, creating the Swamps to be drained.
The Earth was without form and void and dark.
The Shat fermented and the Spirit of Dog arose.

Go ahead. I have never read it.

There's something fishy about that.
A Man and a Woman are persons too.
It is judgmental... set-up suspiciously simple.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.