Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK California to mail every voter a ballot in future elections

(In Oregon and Washington states we've voted by mail for long time now. Now the entire west coast will be voting by mail.)

SACRAMENTO, Calif. ✈ — Every registered California voter will get a ballot mailed to them in future elections under a bill signed Monday by Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The law makes permanent a change adopted during the pandemic for the 2020 election and the recent recall against Newsom. California, the nation’s most populous state, joins several other Western states in mailing all voters a ballot, including Utah, Colorado, Washington and Oregon. Republicans who hold a minority in the state Legislature opposed the expansion of voting by mail.

snytiger6 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Would it be a good idea to send everyone in the state a $1,000,000 check this way too? Why or why not? Considering $11 to $33 Billion was fraudelently stolen from state through unemployment programs during covid I wouldn't think it would be safe.

What controls have been put in place to prevent fraud?

What about the 151,000 homeless people? Where is their ballot mailed to? If nowhere, doesn't that create an unequal system?

Both Washington and Oregon have been voting by mail for a very long time with very little fraud, and those who tried it got caught. States that vote by mail, experience a lot fewer instances of fraud than those that don't vote by mail. With bar codes and signatures the vote by mail systems are much harder to infiltrate for purposes of fraud.

@snytiger6 "vote by mail systems are much harder to infiltrate for purposes of fraud." What are you basing that off of?

I bet that really pisses off Trump.

I'll be it pisses off most republican politicians.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.