Agnostic.com

2 3

Hospice for parent

Just been through hospice with dad who passed Sept. 7. Anyone else been through that process? or lose a parent (or is losing a parent) recently? Just helpful to process with others who understand. Thanks 🙂

FinalD 2 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

My father passed about 4 years ago.

He had been living alone in Mesa and first my wife then I moved in with him so that he wouldn't have to leave home. Hospice was absolutely a god(excuse the expression)send -- especially for my wife. One of the symptoms of his Alzheimer's was paranoia and they helped us greatly taking care of him and ourselves for over a year.

I can't say enough positive things about Hospice.

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, having been through it with both mom and dad, in now how invaluable it is. Was a tough process, watching someone suffer and die, and having to make all those important little decisions along the way…how great that you and your v wife had each other for support.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.