Agnostic.com

10 3

Has anyone experienced the FIGHT or FLIGHT reflex?

Arouned 25 years ago I was in a bar and a woman hit a man over the head with a beer bottle. The bottle didn't break but the man fell to the floor. His friends and her male friends got involved and punches were thrown and chairs flew. My brother and I left our beers on the table and headed out the back door. Nothing good can come from getting involved in a melee!

ebdb 7 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

every survivalist has had this experience. Just a a couple of weeks ago I was confronted by a pack of coyotes. I stood up, holding my sleeping bag up, trying to look really big, barked at them and they left me alone. I know that this is what you are supposed to do with cougars, but it worked with the coyotes too.

I had a that decision once, got my draft notice in 1968, talk mulling over a fight or flight reflex.

Should have taken your beers.

lol

Proof you are alive

If be surprised if someone hasnt in some manner.
Yes, I have. Many times.

As a kid/young teenager I lived in an area where the police used to like to run stop searches on young people... I experienced several instances of surly coppers accusing me of possessing knives, drugs etc. as an excuse to get me to turn my pockets out. One day I was in a car with my friend (he was the first of us to get a license) when a police car dropped in behind us and strobed it's lights at us. The moment my friend stopped the car I jumped out and ran, there was no reason for it, we had absolutely nothing to hide but I ran. I couldn't even say it was normal fear, I just had the urge to get away! Anyway the police chased me and I ended up tackled and cuffed in the back of the car, after a search and brief interrogation they let me go.

lol pretty much every day to some level...yay anxiety!

Byrd Level 7 Apr 21, 2018

of course

I was a bouncer as a young man, and grew up in a violent environment, but never actually experienced it back then. Interestingly though, I did experience it right after my 17 year old step daughter died. As I sat in my back yard to get a break from the chaos in my house. I realized I just wanted to run anywhere immediately. Upon realizing this was unrealistic, I had a great need to punch something. I came really close to punching a nearby tree. Thankfully, I realized this would also not result in an optimal outcome. So I just sat frozen. This event also closed the door on me ever accepting the traditional Christian view of a benevolent creator. I turned to a form of spiritual humanism. Turning athiest at that moment would have been bad for me and society. I was way to angry at an unspecified source.

Sorry, I guess my post wasn't consistent with silliness or fun. It was random though.

Everytime my wife would ask to go shopping

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62656
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.