Agnostic.com

12 1

What do you think?

May older women have a relationship with a younger man? ****Or is that still a taboo in our enlightened society?

robin_l_green 3 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for all the comments , much appreciated. Life goes on and on. The weather has been amazing, the wine is great and all is going well at the moment. I'm very thankful.

I lived with a woman for 12 years that was 18 years older than me. It all ended when she died and it also threw my life into a big tailspin. Do not let society dictate what you are supposed to do. Be happy and please yourself.

Nah, that’s cool.

While that could still be considered taboo, it pays to keep in mind that the best things in life are doing what others tell you you can't do, and I enjoy being a non-conformist. With that said, I hope you don't consider me odd when I say this, but in my early twenties I briefly dated a woman 24 years my senior. Guess I'm a taboo individual, but I have to say life is good though.

After high school, when everyone finds it to be taboo when anyone dates someone outside of their class, people don't care as much.

The age gap is irrelevant as adults, but it does become relevant when the people have a generational difference and don't have much of a connection thanks to the difference of years.

I see no problem dating someone older or younger, but I can imagine a struggle when we share different stages of life experiences.

A good friend of mine was always attracted to younger men. She's married and divorced 5 times, all with men at least 10 years younger than her. Still at 71 she wants a 50ish guy. I don't have an opinion one way or another but she does not have a good track record on marriage.

Personally, as long as it’s legal and moral, age is just a number. There is an anthropological explanation why older women are attracted to younger men and vice versa. Older women have the sexual experience and desire while younger men tend to have the stamina and the desire to keep an older woman satisfied.

And I personally believe that you can’t really help who you’re attracted to.

If both people are happy, then go for it! We've only got one life, so make the best of it and make choices that will make you happy

Each to their own, as long as no one is being exploited and everyone is over the age of consent 😉

In our singles club, one of the 72 year old in now dating a family friend, aged 51. She is petite and full of energy, men her age couldn't keep up....they are very happy, he is besotted!

I don't think it matters much anymore. It could also depend on where one lives. Some states and towns or cities are more open minded than others.

I've never seen a problem with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.